Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trying to catch up...




Working with GMIC has been great...see the picture of most of us at a social dinner with Afghan Media. The dinner gave us an opportunity to meet new journalists, share a good meal and enjoy outside of the workplace. Great meal...especially after a day of fasting!!

I also traveled to Jalalabad, Khost and Kandahar again in Aug/Sept 09. 99% of my travel in Afghanistan has been via helocopters or fixed wing aircraft. We only use ground transport for short trips b/c of IED threats on the roads.

Staci does find a little time to meet new people and relax. My new roomate, Capt Regina Gillis, is quite a character so we share plenty of laughs.

Buenos Noches for now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud that you have become an international ambassador for the US. The new outfit is somewhat becoming...but not too practical for a working woman like yourself. I respect the fact that you're going through Ramadan. Fasting is a cleansing process and you'll want to be careful that you're still getting enough fluids. It's just the mamma in me wanting to do my part to make you safe.
    Shalom Aliekum

    ReplyDelete